Pages

Thursday 3 September 2009

Quilting for the first time and styling

I am trying to be brave and making the lap quilt from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules. It's not really all that brave as I'm using some very cheap fabric we got from a car boot sale but I still get nervous when I start cutting! This is our layout (help from two children) and I will need to start sewing the strips together but I have to wait ten days for the wadding. This is sooooo exciting for me because I have always wanted to make a quilt but have always felt nervous, this quilt seems fairly simple so I will write more when I have done more of it.

I had to add these pictures because while I was faffing around with pieces of fabric two of my children got a little bored (rainy day blues) and started styling and photographing their knitted babes...

...there are actually about twenty photos of said babes (quite a conservative number for a digital camera) but I've only shown two, perhaps all the rest ought to be on flickr...


No comments:

Post a Comment