Pages

Tuesday 25 May 2010

in the sea


Today is a special day, my first official (or unofficial) sea swim of the year.  I don't have a wetsuit hence the photo of lovely ladies in their swimsuits (you didn't think I would put one of me up here did you?). 

I have a plan, it is only a plan, nothing concrete, to swim in the sea every day until...(the original plan began on the 1st of May but I was weak).

Of course it's easy to have a plan on an evening that feels so hot I thought the radiators had come on, so I won't be too hard on myself if I fail occasionally.  But I keep hearing how good it is for you, my children swim in the sea all the time and they are very healthy so I intend to do it, most days, hopefully.  Anyone out there up for a challenge?  There are rivers and lakes out there too.  Anyone???


1 comment:

  1. It is a brave intention, however... this weekend when it was so hot I walked along the coastline barefoot and paddled... I had to get back on the beach as my foot felt frozen solid after only a minute or so... and that was just my foot... AND in the heatwave! So if you make that a heated pool I'm in! Best of luck! brrrrr.....

    ReplyDelete